Summer is just around the corner!
We hope everyone had a great winter and is enjoying the warm spring. We’ve got a number of KAPOA events planned for 2012 including:
- May 19th: Bay Day
- Drop by and visit the KAPOA booth between 10am and 4pm at the annual “Bay Day” in Barry’s Bay. It will give you a chance to catch up on lake news.
- June 22nd: MKC Raft and Lobster Fundraiser
- Madawaska Kanu Centre is hosting this fundraiser to support the “greening” of downtown Barry’s Bay – new tree boxes, benches and unified signage. Contact MKC at firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- July 21st: KAPOA AGM
- AGM provides the “one stop shop” to hear about news and initiatives important to the Kamaniskeg Lake Community.
- August 4th: Annual KAPOA Regatta
- Our biggest event of the season. Everyone loves the regatta. Bring your family and enjoy an afternoon of fun competition and a great opportunity to meet new friends around the Lake.
We look forward to seeing you there…
A few recent news stories important to KAPOA community:
- HH Mayor Emond has resigned mid-way through term. Vivian Bloom has become the new mayor.
- Both Madawaska Valley and Hastings Highlands have started talking about 2012 tax rates.
- There was a leak at the new Waste Water Treatment Facility. Thankfully, nothing got through perimeter and into lake but it sounds quite serious.
Update: Rehabilitation of Kamaniskeg Road
From Hastings Highlands Township staff:
Last fall, we began the process of rehabilitating Kamaniskeg Lake Road. This required us to pulverize the existing surface treatment so at this point the road is Granular M. We have removed frost heaves, replaced culverts and cleaned out the ditches on this section of road. Within the next couple of weeks we are going to be placing another layer of granular material. Once this is complete a double surface treatment will be placed. This is a hard top material, which was there before we tore everything up. Everything is planned to be completed by the Canada Day long weekend.
Renew Your 2012 Memberships Now!
Please pay your 2012 dues immediately.
Click here to access the membership form.
What your family gets for the $20 membership:
- events including annual regatta
- informative website (www.kapoa.ca)
- FOCA membership
- annual general meeting